OK- Let’s begin the official countdown to Mommyhood. The induction has been set and us, the adoptive parents, and our fabulous birthparents are all gearing up for the big day: February 23rd. The induction is scheduled for 6pm– so we anticipate a long night! We couldn’t be more excited. Jason, my husband, will be cutting the cord and we’ll all be in the delivery room together. Yay!
Great friend, Dena, has talked us through what she believes we’ll need for our trip to Oklahoma. We’ll be there for at least 10 days after the baby is born. Here’s her list. Please be sure to add on what you think we’ll need or suggest that we take off something that you don’t think we’ll need.
Here we go:
- 8- 4 ounce Bottles with nippl4es
- Breast Milk: 28 ounces X 14 days (392)
- Formula on hand: Ask Pediatrician (Nutramigan Lipil)
- Sanitizer or sterilizer for bottles (is there a dishwasher?)
- 1 diaper every 2 hours (12 diapers per day X 14 days- newborn size= 168 ) MY GOODNESS!!!
- wipes—unscented 2 packages
- Balmex- 1 tube
- Binkies, just in case (both latex (Nuk) and silicone (Avent)
- Blankets (cuddly—3—laundry?)
- 1 receiving blanket to send to our dog, Casey, staying with friends
- Travel grooming kit
- Kit- medical
- Gas drops (CVS brand is fine)
- Colic stuff/stomach
- Saline Nasal Spray
- Infant Tylenol
- Baby Washcloths
- Travel baby wash
- 2 outfits per day (is there laundry? Yes!)
- Onesies (under clothes)
- Baby hats
- Musical toy (soothing)
- Car seat
- Travel Bassinette
- Premee hats (the other ones seem to big!)
- Isomil adv
- Carter’s socks with rubber
- Wrap onesies
How about some Powerful Parent advice from all you Powerful Parents out there? What would you add to the list? What do you wish you had but didn’t? What couldn’t you have done without? Comment below or on FaceBook. (By the way, if you friend me on facebook, please let me know that you are “friending me” through the blog and who you are so I know where you’re coming from!
17 days and counting!